1. What personal information do we collect?
Generally, we collect only the personal information that is given to us by you or by someone we believe is authorised on your behalf. This information may include your name, date of birth, address, employer/occupation, contact number(s) and email address.
If you are applying to be a Konstruct credit account holder, we may collect information about you held by a credit reporting service provider.
2. When do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information about you by the following means:
• when you contact us for information about us or the products or services we provide; • when you register to purchase any products or services through the Site; •when you apply to be a Konstruct credit account holder, in which case the personal information collected will include the information that you provide in connection with your application and, in some cases and with your consent, information held by a credit reporting service provider; • when you submit orders to purchase any products or services through the Site; • when you request to receive communications or other information from us; or indirectly through your use of the Site and the functionality or services offered through it.
3. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to reply to your queries and provide information about us and our products and services; • to process your registration to enable you to purchase our products or services through the Site; • if you are applying to be a Konstruct credit account holder, to assess your credit worthiness and to otherwise process, and determine whether to approve, your application; • to assist in completing a transaction or order for products or services; • to provide support in respect of our products or services or the Site and the functionality and services offered through it; • to provide you with promotional offers and update you on new products, services and benefits; • to allow you to participate in contests and surveys; • to contact you for market research regarding our products or services; • to comply with relevant laws and regulations; for any specific purpose that we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected; • for our administrative purposes. • Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information is processed in an encrypted form. We will not keep credit card information longer than is necessary for these purposes, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
4. How do we store personal information?
We store personal information electronically and in paper form using generally accepted standards of security. In some cases our third party contractors (e.g. server hosting companies) may store personal information on our behalf, however we will ensure that such contractors have in place appropriate standards of security.
5. How you can access and change your personal information
You may access the personal information that we hold concerning you. If you wish to access, update or correct any of this personal information, you can do this by logging into your account or you can contact us.
6. Do we share or disclose your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
• in order for us to carry out any of the purposes referred to in section 3 above, including where the disclosure is in connection with any of these purposes; • if you are applying for, or have, an account with us, we may share details relating to your application and any subsequent dealings and/or payment defaults to credit reporting service providers and/or debt collection agencies; • if we are requested to disclose your personal information in the course of a legal or other criminal investigation or proceeding; • if the disclosure is to one of our related or associated companies or one of our third party contractors with whom we have in place appropriate arrangements preserving the confidentiality and security of the information (including, but not limited to, mail house, delivery personnel, courier companies or server hosting companies). • Except as provided above, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties and will not sell, license or rent your personal information to third parties.
7. For how long do we hold personal information?
We keep personal information for only as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it (unless we are required by law to hold the information for a longer period).
8. Your use of the Site: what are cookies and do we use them?
You do not have to accept cookies and you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive cookies. This will give you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept the cookies.
10. Who can you contact for further information?
Enter the draw!
Subscribe to our newsletter and enter our monthly prize draw.